Career & Technical Programs
Four career drivers
- New and emerging technologies
- Design and the arts
- Entrepreneurial ventures
lead to nine major programs
- Autobody Technology - Train to repair damaged automobiles. Techniques in metal work, parts replacement, metal and fiberglass repair and preparation for paint and painting. ASE, DuPont Certification
- Computer Network Academy - Computer and PC repair for small and medium businesses. 2-year program.
- Computer Aided Design (CAD) - Skills to become an entry level draftsman are taught the first year. Second year students create and design products using AutoCAD and associated programs.
- Computer Numerical Control Machining (CNC) - The design and manufacturing of products ranging from simple to complex, technology components. Work with materials such as metal and plastic to a high degree of accuracy. Students will learn to program and operate a variety of machines with emphasis on CNC. National Institute of Metal Working Standards NIMS Accreditation.
- Construction Technology - Skills taught in many areas of the construction industry to include carpentry, basic electrical, plumbing, air conditioning. Build a house or remodel an existing house
- Engineering Welding - Introduction to all types of metal joining. From Basic welding to Arospace. Learn: Oxy-fuel, Shielded Metal Arc, Mig, Tig. American Welding Society Accreditation and testing.
- Precision Machining - Learn to operate all the following machines: Lathe, Mill, Grinders, Drill Press. Work on projects from simple to complex
- Programming and Software - Course in basic computer programming using Oracle supported curriculum and methods. Focus on computer support for industrial business. Databases and other areas taught.
- Transportation Technology - Learning experiences centered on service and repair of all components of a vehicle: brakes, engine performance, electrical systems and steering. Work toward Automotive Society of Engineers, ASE certification.
All students follow a college-prep curriculum along with their career tech program.
- Honors courses in biology, government
- Foreign languages - Spanish, German
Post Education Opportunities
- College credit for high school classes